Monday, March 1, 2010

Better Week

This week has been a much better week. It was filled with wonderfully fun things. We have received quite a few job leads again this week. People are coming out of the woodwork to help us. We have gotten leads in some of the most unlikely places. Jeremy has quickly followed up with every lead too, so thanks to all of you for helping out so much. Your efforts weren't wasted. Jeremy also had quite a few job interviews last week and already has some lined up for this coming week.

Clara is feeling much better. She still has a cough, but has her energy and personality back. It was a rough few weeks filled with tantrums and being clingy. But she is finally starting to play by herself again and letting me get things done that I've been putting off.

I've been working like crazy this last week too. Ok, so maybe not "crazy" but a lot more than usual. In addition to tutoring more, people have also been paying me to do some sewing. One friend has been paying me for sewing lessons and another friend has paid me to do some mending for her. So we do have an income, even though it's a lot smaller than usual.

My grandfather turned 80 this week! For those of you who know, my grandfather wasn't supposed to make it to his 75th birthday. A little over 5 years ago, he was diagnosed with a kidney disease and was given 6 months to live at best. Instead of getting worse, his kidneys got better and ended up feeling better than he has in decades! He is my hero in so many ways and I'm so grateful I know such an amazing man. Here is the most recent picture I have of him. It was taken when we went to go visit them in September.We were also able to pick my cousin up form the airport on Wednesday and took him to the MTC. He is going to the Ogden, UT mission, so it will be nice to know he isn't that far away! My mom came down from Rexburg to be there for him as well. It was so fun to have family in town for a few days.On Saturday, we attended a birthday party for a friend of ours. He willingly gave Clara his balloons, which she was ecstatic about. She has carried those balloons around with her everywhere. Also on Saturday, we attended a wedding reception for a friend of Jeremy's from High School. We are so happy for Kent and Ashley. They looked so happy, and both of them deserve to be so blissful. Thanks for inviting us to share your special day with you! While we were at the reception, Jeremy was able to visit with other friends from High School that we haven't seen in a while. It was a great little visit.

On Sunday, we had the opportunity to attend the farewell talk of a good friend of ours. We are actually friends with his parents, but know him pretty well. As I was sitting in Sacrament meeting, I was remembering the time that I thought missionaries were so old. As years passed, I remember thinking that missionaries were young, but that their parents were old. The past few weeks have brought a few mission calls to the sons of some good friends. Our friends aren't old, so the parents of missionaries are no longer old, they are so young! I wonder if I'll ever stop changing my perception of "old." Probably not.

We also had a family gathering on Sunday. I love watching Clara interact with her cousins. She really does play by herself, but gets so excited to see her cousins. She was having such a good time at the farewell, that I was afraid we wouldn't be able to get her in the car without throwing a tantrum. However, when I told her that we were going to Bradley's house (her cousin) she said, "Yay Bradley's house," and ran right to the car. She didn't want us to say good-bye to our hosts. She kept pulling on my arm as we were trying to say good bye and finally just ran out the door by herself. During the drive there, she kept saying, "Going to Bradley's house." It makes me laugh how excited she gets to see her cousins, can't wait to get to their house, and then doesn't play with them the whole time we are at their house.

Clara thought it was a blast to sit on my head. In the pictures that follow, you can see how excited she is to climb up to my head, and then how much fun she has just sitting on my head! Silly girl.

No comments: