Monday, October 11, 2010

Football Games and a hurt foot

This week, I'm teaching the joy school that Clara attends. Clara is the only girl with 5 other rambunctious boys. It's been quite the experience for me. One day we were "dancing" and since boys do not dance like Clara does, her foot got stepped on at some point. After everyone left, she told me that her foot needed a sock to be better. I promptly got her a pair of socks, and she informed me that she just needed one. So I put her foot in the one sock, and she happily played for the rest of the day without complaint. I thought it was funny to have her wearing just one sock.This week has been so much fun. Jeremy got his first real paycheck at the end of last week, and so this week we got to sit down and talk about finances. After doing that, we found out that we have enough money to start buying some things that we've been needing for a long time. So on Saturday, Jeremy got to pick out several new shirts, pants, and socks so he has more of a selection for work. Also on Saturday, Jeremy and I got to order new glasses! We have both been needing new glasses for years, and I can't wait to be able to see again!

Also on Saturday, as Jeremy was leaving Graywhale (his favorite store,) the clerk offered him 2 tickets to that day's BYU football game. We got the tickets 1/2 hour before the game started, so we missed the 1st quarter by the time we got there. But we had a blast. I LOVE BYU football. Doesn't this picture just make you want to stand up and cheer? When we got to the stadium, Clara saw the cougar statue and asked what it was. We told her and then asked if she wanted to take a picture by it. She excitedly ran up to it to get her picture taken. However, once she was by the face, she was very leery. She still let us get a picture of her, but you can tell she wasn't too happy about standing next to that claw and mouth!Clara was very scared of all the noise, but also very interested in the game. Here's a picture of her sitting on Dad's lap, scared, but having to see what was going on.In the end, BYU beat out San Diego State 24 - 21. Since it was such a close game, there was LOTS of noise. Even though Clara didn't get a nap that day, I was still shocked that she fell asleep the last 30 minutes of the game - which had the most noise. She didn't wake up until I stood up to leave.

1 comment:

Genevieve Beck said...

Sounds like a great week! I'm glad you could stock up on a few things and especially go to the game! I love the picture with Clara and the cougar.