Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Clara!

Today my little girl turned 3. I remember when I could hardly wait until she turned 3. It seemed like 3 year olds had the best personalities - they could do lots for them selves, but still did lots of very cute things. Now my little girl is there. I hope she stays this age forever. (She'd have to out grow her tantrums though....)Clara was so excited to see all her "surprises." (That's what she called her presents.) The first gift she opened was a Barbie, so for the next few days she kept hoping she would find a prince for her Barbie Princess. It was pretty cute. She'd look at me and say, "Should we go find the Prince now?" It made me laugh.

We had an extended family birthday party for her yesterday. She oohed and ahhed over all her gifts. Even the clothes she got brought on gasps of excitement. I was so pleased to hear her thank every one and be genuinely happy for each of her gifts.

We then had her open her gifts from my side of the family and from Jeremy and I on her actual birthday. She loved all her gifts so much that she wanted to show the camera all her loot.I can't believe how much Clara has changed in a year. Here's a picture of her from her 2nd birthday. She not only has so much more hair but so much more vocabulary, imagination, and personality. As I type this, she is happily playing with all her new toys. I'm getting to listen to her talk as she plays. That is my favorite past time these days - listening to Clara play by herself when she doesn't know I'm listening.

Happy Birthday sweet Clara, may you have many more birthdays to come!

3 comments:

Mama's Makin's said...

Happy birthday clara!

Jerrile said...

Happy Birthday sweetheart. Gramma is sorry I couldn't come to your party.

Sarah I was very touched at your loving words of your daughter. I had a 3 year old once and I loved her dearly then and love her dearly now. I hope you realize that the feelings you feel for Clara are the same I have always felt for you.

Love you guys.

Lori Ann said...

What a cutie! She has such a feisty personality! I used to think that babies were the most fun, but it it so much fun to see them get older and see how they change:) Tell Clara that if she finds the Prince, to let me know. I want to give him my number!!