Monday, October 25, 2010

Long Week

It was a very long week without Clara. I was able to get some major cleaning done though, which makes me feel so happy. I LOVE a super clean house.

On my way to work one morning, I missed a turn. So I pulled into a parking lot to turn around. Just as I pulled into the parking lot, I heard some very strange noises coming from the car. So I pulled into a parking space and left the car there for the day. I was able to get a ride to work with someone who drives the same way I do. Jeremy used his lunch break to pick me up from work and drop me off at the car. I waited for a tow truck, and got a lift to our mechanic. Turns out we just needed a few belts and a new battery. Our mechanic also lent us a car for the 2 days we had to leave our car in the shop! I was so grateful that our car died in a parking lot so it wouldn't be on the side of a road, or that I would have to push it anywhere. I was also very grateful that it broke down on the way to work so that I would have the necessary rides and not be stranded with a car. I was also extremely blessed that our mechanic lent us a car for free so that I wouldn't have to figure out rides and things for the next couple of days either.

We bought the new Beauty and the Beast DVD a couple of weeks ago. Clara had been watching it non stop, but she didn't watch it for the whole week she was at my Mom's. So on Saturday (just after she got home) I was a little puzzled when she crunched her cheeks up, smiled and said, "I'm speechless." It took me quite a while to figure out what she actually said. When I did figure it out, Clara said, "Just like Belle." I then understood the strange facial expression. I couldn't stop laughing. I wanted to share that cute moment with all of you. So here is the quote from the movie:

And here is Clara's interpretation:

So just like everyone, I had to take quite a few videos before I got a decent one. So this next video is my favorite, but it's sideways! I was disappointed when I realized that you can't turn videos like you can photos. However, it's so cute that I couldn't pass up posting it.

Sunday was our ward Primary Program. For those not of our faith, it's where all the kids in the ward do the "sermon" for our church. In our ward, they have the oldest nursery kids be a part of our program since we have TONS of toddlers, but not very many older kids. So the littlest kids are asked to memorize one word. This year, the kids in Clara's class were asked to memorize a word to complete the sentence: "I can be like Jesus by being......." Clara's word was thoughtful. Well, she can't make a "th" sound yet, so she got up and said, "oughtful." That would have been fine if it didn't sound so much like "awful." So our whole congregation thinks Clara can be like Jesus by being awful. But at least she said her part and wasn't scared at all! Here is what she looked like, all excited to go say her word into the microphone at church.Later that night, Clara wanted to get a picture of her. She asks for this quite a bit. So Jeremy got out the camera and took her picture. When Jeremy showed her the picture on our camera after he took it, she noticed that I was in the picture with her. She then wanted a picture of Mommy, Daddy, and Clara. I personally think it turned out great.I finished substitute teaching on Friday! The teacher I've been going in for was cleared to go back to work today. I'm so excited to get to be a stay at home mom again. The extra money was nice, but it's even nicer to stay home. I did some figuring. School has been in session for 40 days now. The real teacher has been there for 16 of those days, I've been there for 20, and other random subs have been there for the other 4. I think it's crazy that her students know me far better than they know her. But it was nice to be able to do so much math! :)

Those of you still reading this post are the ones who really care how our family is doing. This is a very long story, but here's a short version. Jeremy was talked to by his bosses last week. They feel like Jeremy isn't as creative as what his portfolio lead them to believe. They gave him a week to improve. Jeremy has been frustrated with this company since day one. So when Jeremy went in to work today and was told that he wouldn't get paid for the entire day's work, Jeremy talked to his bosses and told them he was done. His bosses were surprised and said that he had improved a lot and would like him to stay. But Jeremy mentioned that he still wanted to go. So keep us in your prayers that it won't take us 7 months to find another job. Jeremy did keep his part time job and will be able to continue working at that. So with him working 20 hours a week, my tutoring and the small amount of money we were able to save this last month, we should be OK for a little while.

8 comments:

Lori Ann said...

It just seems like the trials will never end. I can't imagine what path God is leading your family down, but I know that you have many blessing in store. These are the years all the old couples look back on and say "those were the best days". (I know that is so cliqued but I don't know what else to say) I will keep you in my prayers! Send me your address and I will send you a bizzare fall themed package!

Carrrie said...

Firstly, Clara is absolutely adorable! I too am "speechless". :) It is my favorite disney movie and she made me smile after a very long day today. Secondly, What a huge bummer for Jeremy! I am glad that he had the guts to walk away from the situation even after they plead with him to stay. There must be some plan for your family that has yet to fall into place. I will keep you in my prayers!
P.S. I love reading about your family and keeping up with your news!

Maria said...

LOVE the Belle impression. So cute.
Good luck finding another job!

Angie Miller said...

You stay positive!

Candace said...

Bailee and Jackson still talk about you guys! We drove by your house the other day to visit Scott at work and they both pointed to your door and said "There's Claras house! We miss her. Can we go over and play again sometime?" It was funny, but sad that we don't live close any more!
I'm really sorry to hear about the bad situation at work. I honestly believe that Heavenly Father must have something great in store for you with all the trial you've endured! We'll be keeping our fingers crossed!

Mama's Makin's said...

The things about Clara super cute! :) Man I can't believe it about the job! I would be like you aren't paying me for a day? what? Anyway, best of luck finding a new job! Have you all considered ditching Utah and looking else where?

Mama's Makin's said...

oh ps. :) i did read the hole thing :) See how much I love you!?

Danielle said...

Can they legally not pay him when he works? Maybe they were also trying to scare him into more productivity or whatever? I wouldn't like that work situation either.