Thursday, October 14, 2010

Random Thoughts Thursday


I have never done a Random Thoughts Thursday before, but I have a few things I want to share that just don't fit anywhere but a random post.

Why is it so hard to make dinner every night? (Even when you have a planned out weekly menu?)

Why does Clara insist on having every door in the house shut. And if she wants it shut so badly, why doesn't she just close it herself?

How is it that I can be so grateful that Jeremy has a job - two jobs in fact - and still feel so frustrated that we don't have any benefits?

Why does typing, "Health Insurance in Utah" into a search engine allow several agents to get my information and then contact me about selling me health insurance?

Why do no individual health insurance plans offer affordable maternity? The ones that do offer it have a separate $7500 deductible. Who can afford that?

Why do finances make me want to never have another child?

4 comments:

Allison said...

Insurance makes me want to cry. Or scream. I hope you get something figured out.

And I totally hear you on the dinner thing. Although tonight I've decided we're just having chicken nuggets and tater tots, because I happen to have both those in my freezer. And because I'm lazy ;)

Danielle said...

I am going to ask Jack if he has heard of anything affordable in Utah for you. I know you can buy an insurance that will pay so much a day for every day you are in the hospital, including childbirth, you just have to have it before you are pregnant. There is no way we could afford insurance out of pocket. Crazy expensive.

Mama's Makin's said...

about the health ins thing - I think that it is often cheaper to do the regular insurance and just "pay Cash" for the baby. that is what we did with Kaylee. It was a chunk - but "only" ended up being about 5,000 bucks total. Which is often cheaper than paying the extra to a premium - esp if it takes a while to get prego - anyways if you look around you can find a doctor that will do a "cash pay" fee for everything. Hospitals will too = they are often at a discounted price - as in what the insurance negotiates.

The thing Danielle is talking about is Aflack. Works out great if you kjnow you are getting prego soon - but you do have to have it B4 :)

Jerrile said...

I don't have a lot of financial advice, but I do have a great big hug and to say that you are absolutely normal. I can't imagine having to pay what one has to these days to have a baby. Even Emma was about 3500 total. Inflation I guess, and like I said yesterday the Lord knows you are willing and will provide if you are willing to have another little spirit, which I know you are trying. Dad loves you lots. I had to laugh at some of your comments because I know exactly what you are talking about. Love you and hopefully Friday is a better day.