Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

We have been celebrating Valentine's Day a lot here. Clara had a party for pre-school, a party for play-group, and then Jeremy and I had our day to celebrate. Clara has loved every minute of our celebrations. She loves hearts and the color pink, so this is her holiday. The funny thing is that she has yet to eat any of the candy she got. Instead, she digs through her valentines and colors on them. Hey, I'd rather her do that then eat the candy, so no complaints from me. As a side note, Clara loves this spot on our computer desk. It's become her chair and anything we place on it soon gets pushed off to make room for her. I have no idea how being that cramped is comfortable, but whatever makes her happy!

Also this week, we decided to have a family slumber party in our living room. I remember doing this as a kid and loved it. I think Clara is a little too young still since she really did think it was play time not sleep time, but at least she had fun. We watched a movie and ate snacks, and all slept out in the living room together. Tons of fun and I can't wait to do it again.Instead of doing random Clara sayings this week, I figured I would throw in these randoms things. Enjoy?

As I was looking at different news articles on line, I found this article entitled World's most Romantic Hotels. The interesting thing about this article is that the only hotel listed from the US is in Montana. It's even "close" to my hometown. (Close for MT is within 200 miles....) That brings up a random fact about me - I love reading news articles online. I will spend well over an hour each day just reading random articles. Thanks for letting me share!

So I mentioned on my other blog about teefury.com. It's a favorite site of Jeremy's that sells only 1 T-shirt, but changes every 24 hours. He makes it a daily habit to check out the shirt for the day. Usually it's things he loves - Star Wars, Video Games, Comic Book Heroes, etc. But I was shocked when this was the shirt of the day. It was the first one I was excited about! :)

1 comment:

Lori Ann said...

OH SWEET! I love your family sleepovers. There is just something thrilling about sleeping in the living room with your family. My parents used to let us sleep down there and watch the Muppets and it was like a party, even though it was just us kids:) Clara is going to have so many wonderful childhood memories.