Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tea Party

I just realized that I never posted on Monday. Oops. So here's my post for this week.

I find it's getting harder and harder to post on this blog. With my daily picture blog, I don't have very many pictures left for this blog. I also don't want repeat things because I don't want my readers to get bored. So I find I'm neglecting this blog. I guess I'll just have to make more of an effort because both blogs are very important to me.

So the only thing I have a picture of for this week (that's not already on my picture blog) is a fun little tea party that Clara and I had together. I had to take a picture of the table. Everything you see on it was placed there with a purpose. We had music playing on the CD player. And that boot with Abby Cadabby in it is actually a candle that was lit with a pencil. The tea pot has water in it and the coffee pot has juice. I'm sure Clara is quite confused why it's called a tea party when she's never had one with tea. And to top it all off, we both had to wear bibs - to keep our clothes clean, of course.

Clara's funny moments:

  • As I was doing dishes, I overheard Clara saying this:
"You have to take turns."
"But I had it first."
"No, I had it first."
"If you can't share then you can't play with it."

  • Clara and I were driving in the car when I stopped at a stop sign. Clara said, "S T Zero P says 'Stop.'"
"You're right, S T O P does spell stop."
"No, Zero comes next. S T Zero P is how you spell stop."

  • A very sad Clara came up to me (while Jeremy was working) and said, "My Daddy is lost."
  • Clara considers herself a big girl, which is great in a lot of ways. But she insists that she is a big girl and doesn't need to sit in a car seat - that's for babies. I explained to her that she's 3 years old and she has to sit in a car seat until she's 8 years old. I then talked about birthdays, getting older, and counting from 3 to 8. I thought that was the end of the conversation until a week later, as we were walking to the car, Clara had a sly smile and said, "I'm 8 years old!"
  • I've been working with Clara on learning our address. After having her repeat it several times, I told her that was our address. She looked at me and said, "A dress?" I explained to her the difference between the words dress and address, explaining that an address is where someone lived. Clara's response: "We don't live on a dress, we live on earth!"
  • We had the opportunity to stop by Jeremy's work this week. As we were leaving, Clara was very sad that Daddy couldn't come with us. She was crying as we left the parking lot and she said, "I love my Daddy." I said, "I love Daddy too." Clara's response, "No, I love Daddy." She's done this once before too, apparently we both can't love Daddy, so she does, not me.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I love how you're recording all the funny things she says. Keep it up - believe me, she'll love this when she's older! I wish I'd done it more, because my kids love hearing stories about all the weird things that came out of their mouths when they were just getting life figured out!

Jerrile said...

I am glad you felt guilty because you shared a lot of great things this week. I loved it. Clara is a very smart girl. I also had to laugh and then say to myself, like mother like daughter. I could never love your Dad either and in return he NEVER could love me. ;-)