Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy 5th Anniversary

I can't believe Jeremy and I have been married for 5 years now! We celebrated by spending the weekend in Salt Lake City. We dropped Clara off at Jeremy's parent's house Thursday after work. We ate P.F. Chang's that night and then were very happy to just relax in our motel room.

On Friday, our actual anniversary, we decided to just enjoy the little shops that downtown Salt Lake had to offer. We found this great little cafe to eat breakfast. It's the longest running restaurant in Utah. It opened in 1919! They decor hasn't changed very much. They still have coat racks attached to every booth and almost all of their chairs have come from Venice. It was fun to read all about it in their menu.

After breakfast, we headed over to temple square and visited Jeremy's sister who works there. She always acts so excited to see us. She's pretty busy, so we don't get to visit for very long, but I love getting to say hi to Melissa when I'm at Temple Square.

We spent our entire afternoon looking at all the little shops. We found a Scottish shop that Jeremy loved. I'm so glad that he loves his Scottish heritage.

Friday night we had tickets to the Jazz game. Our seats were almost at the very top. I have a HUGE fear of heights, but usually stadiums don't bother me. For some reason, I had a hard time with this one! Even sitting in my chair made me feel unbalanced. When we had to stand for the National Anthem, I started crying. I was so scared. I felt like the biggest idiot, and of course, Jeremy just laughed at me. I seriously wondered how I was ever going to get back down those stairs to go home. Luckily, I slowly acclimated to the height and right around half time I realized I had relaxed enough to just sit and enjoy the game. I'm happy to report that the Jazz won 108 - 100!

The next morning, Jeremy and I headed to the Draper temple and did some sealings. Then it was time to pick Clara up and head home. As much as I enjoyed being child free all weekend, I was sure excited to see her again. Thanks John and Sharon for watching Clara for us!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Congratulations on 5 years! And yeah for getting away for a night. You guys know how to have a date night! :)

Genevieve Beck said...

Congrats on 5 awesome years! I love watching how smitten you still are with each other!

Jerrile said...

It sounds like your husband loves his Scottish heritage as much as your Dad loved his. You really did marry someone like your Dad. ;-) I am glad you had a great time. love you

Allison said...

Congrats on your anniversary! You guys look so happy together in all those pictures! And I love all your updates on Clara. She's so cute! I always read your blog, I just get to the point where I feel like if I comment too much I become that weird friend who's always commenting. I need to remember how happy comments make me!