Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

Jeremy and I brought in the new year by attending Provo City's New Years Eve Celebration. Jeremy designed all the signs and banners that were used, so it was fun to look around at all his hard work. (We also got to get in free!) Here are some of the signs he designed:There were lots of things for little kids to do, but there were also long lines to be able to do them. Clara loved dancing to the live bands while we waited in all the lines. She also got all the kids around her to join in.I loved how everything was free once you got inside. Clara got a flower balloon.She got to ride a train twice (and would have gone again and again if we had let her.)They had a photo booth there with things you could use to dress up for your pictures. Clara loved the crown! Jeremy loved that the pictures had his design at the bottom of each set.Since we were in the mall, Clara went and sat on all the kiddie rides that are normally there. She refused to leave those. But at least there were always benches nearby so Jeremy and I could sit down!We ended our time at the mall by watching fireworks. This was the first time Clara hasn't been scared to death of fireworks. It was so fun watching her clap and cheer for each one.The new year has brought on a new class for Clara in our church. We explained to Clara that she would no longer be in nursery at church. We explained that because she was a big girl, she got to be in Primary. She was so excited to go. She kept asking me all morning when she got to go to Primary. Our ward meets at 1, so it was a very long wait for her. She was so excited when she came home with her crown.Also with the new year, I've decided to try something new. A friend of mine encouraged her blog readers to do something called project 365. It's where you take a picture every day and do a journal of pictures for each day of the year. It seems like a daunting task to me, so I'm not sure how well I'll do. But I also think it would be so much fun to do and be a great journal (as long as I can keep up on it.) For those who are interested in looking at that blog, the web-address is: http://sarahspictureblog2011.blogspot.com/ Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Those signs that Jeremy designed look awesome! It sounds like it was a really fun night. And I'm excited that you're joining me in Project 365!

Jerrile said...

It looks like you all had a great time. I was surprised at first because I thought Clara was going to miss out on New Years with you guys and then the light went on when I saw the info about the fireworks. Of course the pictures told me sooner but when I saw the fireworks I remembered Clara had told Gramma she was going to go see them. Jeremy I bet is very excited and pleased with his work. Out there for all to see, an awesome job Hun.

Danielle said...

Jeremy's pictures are awesome. You must be so proud to have such a talented husband.