Monday, January 31, 2011

Zoo

The last Wednesday of the winter months is free admission day at our local zoo. Some friends of mine and I took our kids to take advantage of this. We had so much fun together.

The first animal we saw was an elephant. Clara kept explaining to me that Elephants have looooong noses called a trunk.The giraffe's were Clara's favorite animals that we saw. For days she kept telling me how giraffes have long necks, long tails that are black and white, and they eat trees. She would laugh when she said that they eat trees and then say, "That is so silly." I'm not sure if you can see it or not, but in the picture is an upside down pine tree. Those giraffes kept eating all the needles.Clara got to ride on a carousel. She and her friend were very excited to ride it, until it started moving. Then they were both pretty freaked out. At one point both were crying, but as you can tell, they eventually just sat and stared. The funny thing is that when the ride was over, Clara cried and cried because she didn't want to get off.One of the friends who came with us has a name that starts with J and he stood in front of the juvenile gorilla. Clara then wanted to stand next to one. But when she got up there, she was very disappointed that there wasn't a gorilla with a C for Clara. So she picked to stand next to the baby one.We ended our trip to the zoo by playing by this big elephant. Clara was so thrilled to play with a "toy elephant." Sure glad I didn't have to bring that toy home!Funny Clara moments:
  • Clara and I were riding in a car with her friend Taylor and his mom. Taylor roared like a lion and Clara responded by saying: "Taylor's crazy just like my Daddy."
  • Clara was helping me clean the bathtub. I keep sponges on a high shelf above our toilet. I needed to grab one and couldn't quite reach, so I stood on the toilet and got it. Clara then said, "That's a good idea to use the toilet as a stool." Thanks for your approval kid!

No comments: