Monday, January 10, 2011

Potty Training Reward

We were finally able to take Clara to Chuck E Cheese this week as a potty training reward. We tried to take her last week, but our car was iced in. There was seriously no moving it. I felt so bad for Clara. She was so excited to go and was even buckled in her car seat waiting patiently for Jeremy and I to get the car unstuck. When all our efforts failed, we had to have her go back inside. Luckily, she was understanding.

So we finally went last Monday. Jeremy had that day off for New Years. Most everyone else was back to work and school that day, so we had the entire place to ourselves until the end. It was great!Here are some funny things that Clara has said this week too:

  • I walked out of the bathroom to find Clara eating her new Book of Mormon that I bought that day! When asked what she was doing, she said, "Eating my scriptures."
    "Why are you eating your new scriptures?"
    "Because I'm hungry."
    (trying so hard not to laugh) "Are you supposed to eat books when you are hungry?"
    "No."
    "So why are you eating it?"
    (said as Clara rubs her tummy) "Because it feels good."
  • One night at dinner, Clara announced (out of the blue) that she had a family. I asked her who was in her family. She replied that she didn't know. I then told her that Mommy and Daddy are in her family. I asked if she had any brothers and sisters. She said yes and I corrected her by saying something about how brothers and sisters were kids like Clara, and Clara was the only kid in our family. She then said, "I have brothers and sisters in my heart.
  • Just before I put Clara down for her nap yesterday, I read her Polar Express (she chose that book.) After about 1/2 an hour, Clara was still not asleep and I heard suspicious noises. When I went in to check on her, I found her like this. When asked what she was doing she said, "I heard Santa's bells and wanted to see them."
  • Clara announced, "My teddy bear is sick. He needs to take a nap in the living room.""I need to make my teddy feel better. He needs to eat something." So what does she feed him? A pencil! (I also love that this bear is as pink as it gets and Clara insists it's a boy.)

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I love this age with kids! She is hilarious.