Monday, March 7, 2011

Friends!

My favorite part about this week is having my friend Danielle come visit me. I met this girl my freshman year of college and became fast friends with her. We always lived by each other until she got married. Soon after her wedding, she moved back east (where both her and her husband are from.) I haven't seen her in 7 years, so she's never met Jeremy (or Clara.) She came out to visit her sister who is now attending school in Utah. Danielle and Erin (her sister) came over for dinner last night. They could only stay for 2.5 hours and the time flew by. It was so hard to see Danielle go, knowing it could very well be another 7 years before I see her again. She is one of my most favorite people in the entire world. We chatted and giggled like we were still 18 and in our first year of college. Well, I guess the things we giggled about changed. We giggled over kid stories and husbands rather than crushes and crazy roommates. Oh Danielle, thanks so much for taking the time to see me on your VERY brief stay here. And thanks Erin for being willing to stay as long as you did! It made my entire week!Clara no longer sleeps very well. Once she falls asleep, she sleeps great. But she's been falling asleep around 11:30 or midnight and then waking up at 7:30. I've even tried to not give her a nap during they day in hopes she'll fall asleep sooner at night, but the only thing that has done is create a VERY cranky Clara (not one that will go to sleep.) So I was very grateful yesterday morning when she wanted to "sleep" on the couch at 10 am. She ended up actually falling asleep! She slept for about two hours and was the best she's been for our 1 pm church!
  • I need to be better about recording Clara's funny moments when she says them. I keep forgetting what she says. So it's just one for this week. (The only one I remembered.) Clara loves to "read" the hymn book during church. Yesterday she was "reading" hymn #276, whose title starts with a C. Clara said in a very low grouchy voice: "Number 6 is a bad guy. Number 7 is a bad guy." She then changed pitches to a sweet high pitch and said, "And number two is a princess. And C is a prince and you will marry the 2." She then carried on an entire conversation with those numbers and letter. Oh what an imagination, I love it.

3 comments:

Allison said...

I'm so jealous that the two of you got together! One day we'll have to figure out how to have a reunion with all of us Ricks College buddies. I think the last time I saw anyone was when Kara came to my wedding reception almost 12 years ago!

Danielle said...

Sarah,
I had so much fun visiting you. It was very nice and easy going. You know when you are good friends with someone if getting together after seven years isn't awkward.:) I loved meeting Jeremy and Clara.

P.S. Thanks for not mentioning my orange hair. :)

P.P.S. I agree, Allison! I really do!

Lori Ann said...

You just survived dinner with my two sisters. The government will be sending you a medal for your remarkable accomplishment:) (Also, to balance the scales, I'm going to need to get together for dinner with your sisters. Tell them 7 pm tomorrow night, my house. We're having grilled cheese)