Monday, March 28, 2011

Clara - again

Before I get into another lengthy post about Clara, I did a crafty thing this week. Jeremy's sister asked me to make some I Spy bags for her. I thought they turned out great!Why do most of the pictures I take are of Clara? I really hope my readers don't get too bored with all the Clara stories and pictures. I know I'm one of those annoying moms that tell everyone how cute their child is. But she really is my pride and joy. She can be the biggest challenge and my biggest source of pleasure all at once! She is growing up way too fast and I keep trying to find ways to slow her down. Any suggestions?

Clara sure does love her daddy.Clara will turn ANYTHING into a desk so she can "go to school."Clara being "Super Bunny."To go with that super bunny, Clara LOVES to jump.Getting Clara to bed is always a production. One night she decided to not put her arms in her sleeves and ran around like this for a little bit.
  • Clara ran and beat me to my chair when a client came over for me to tutor. She then said, "I'm going to help this boy with his math!" She looked at his book and said, "This 1 equals this 3."
  • Clara usually says the exact same prayer every time she prays. She always says, "Dear Heavenly Father, thank-you that I can go to sleep, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." So at dinner, when she was asked to say the prayer, I tried to help her say a prayer that had to do with the food. In the middle of the prayer, Clara said, "Hey, it's not your turn to say the prayer, it's my turn!"
  • I caught Clara jumping on her bed. So I told her that she couldn't jump on the bed because the bed could break. Clara's response: "But Mommy, little girls like to break beds."
  • Clara had a cup of juice out and I wanted her to put it in the fridge so the juice wouldn't go bad. She was in the middle of doing something and didn't really want to put it away. Clara then said, "I have an idea. I will put the juice right here (in the middle of the floor) and then I can put it in the fridge when I'm done. Is that a good idea?"
  • Jeremy has a touch screen phone, I do not. Clara loves to play with both of our phones. Clara brought mine to me one day and informed me it was broken. I quickly tried to figure out what she had done to break it. To my surprise, my phone was working just fine. When I told Clara that it was working, she said, "No it's not, see." She then swiped her finger over the screen and said, "See, it's broken. Let's get Daddy's phone, it will work."
  • Clara and I were hopping around the room pretending to be bunnies when she said, "That's great hopping, Mom. Good job!"
  • Clara slammed her finger in a door this week. She was crying a lot and I was giving her finger kisses trying to make it feel better. At one point I said, "I'm so sorry that your finger is hurt." Her reply was, "It's not your fault, it's my fault."
  • I caught Clara picking her nose. I told her to stop and explained she should use a tissue. Her response, "I'm just trying to get the boogers out."

2 comments:

Danielle said...

She looks just like you in that last picture. She is quite a character.

Jenny said...

Clara is growing up beautifully, and I love to hear about her, and the little things she says are adorable.