Monday, April 4, 2011

Very Random Happenings

The best thing about this week is when I was able to attend a conference lecture with Jeremy. They invited a descendent of Hyrum Smith to come show us some family heirlooms and talk about some family stories. It was amazing. I saw the clothes that Hyrum was martyred in, including the pocket watch he was wearing that was hit by a bullet. Also was the box that the Gold Plates were first hid in. I also saw Hyrum's sunglasses (who knew that sunglasses existed in 1844?), his rifle, his sword, and Lucy's footstool. It was an amazing presentation and I got to hear stories that I had never heard before.

With the weather getting warmer, we've been going outside a lot more. Clara was so excited to see that some flowers had grown in our front yard. She insists on both of us smelling them as soon as we walk outside - EVERY time we go outside!Clara loves to try and ride her bike. Her feet still can't reach the pedals for the entire rotation. Her solution is to have her friends do the work while she goes for a ride!
  • I was unloading groceries from the car and Clara insisted on carrying the gallon of milk. I let her try, and wasn't too surprised when she quickly put it down and said, "Mom, I'm not strong enough." I then picked it up and let her carry something else. Clara then said, "Mom, you have lots of muscles and are so strong to carry that milk!"
  • Clara came running inside from playing outside and said, "Mom, there are a lot of birds who are calling for their Mom's. They are lost!" Sure enough, tons of squawking birds were across the street!
  • Clara and I were having a discussion about wolves. At some point in the conversation, I asked her if she liked wolves. Her response, "No, I don't because they are kinda really scary."
  • I was getting Clara dressed one morning when she said, "I'm cold AND freezing. Both!"
And lastly, for your viewing pleasure here are more pictures that Clara took all by herself!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

The conference lecture sounds cool!

Kent said...

I am really jealous. That conference sounds incredible. Plus, Hyrum Smith is one of my heroes.

Jerrile said...

I would love to have you share the things you learned at the conference about Hyrum and Joseph. I bet that was a wonderful experience. Did it have to do with his job or his calling?

I also love to see and hear the funny things Clara does, but maybe that's because I am Gramma.

Shantel Aleece said...

okay, seriously, some cute things come out of that girl's mouth :)