Monday, April 18, 2011

Carl Bloch

Our camera still isn't back from the shop yet. We've been using our cell phones to take pictures, but that just isn't the same. Jeremy has the best pictures on his phone, but I always forget to get them off before he leaves for work..... Thus I have to do a pictureless post today. If you REALLY want to see recent pictures I've taken, see my picture blog.

We were able to go see the Carl Bloch exhibit on BYU campus of FHE this week. I was amazed at how many stories Clara actually knew of the Savior and could tell me the story behind a lot of the paintings we saw. Some the the greatest things (other than the paintings themselves) was seeing where his paintings are hung. Most of his paintings of Christ were done for kings and so they hang in castles. If you haven't had a chance to see this exhibit, go see it! It ends May 7, so there's not a whole lot of time left. There are also ipads to rent (or you can bring your own) which allows you to hear more of the history and things of the paintings. We didn't get those, but I almost wished we had. The line was just too long.... You do need a ticket to get in - unless you want to wait in a long standby line. However, those tickets are free. For more information, go here.

Clara didn't have preschool this week since it was spring break. That also means I didn't have nearly the amount of tutoring appointments that I usually do. We were able to get outside a lot more. Clara's favorite thing to do is draw pictures with sidewalk chalk. She'll spend hours coloring up our sidewalks. I think there's hardly any space left out there. She also loves to have me play tic-tac-toe with her. I guess Curious George played it and she's been wanting to play it ever since. I'm amazed at how good she is drawing the playing board and her x's and o's. We're still working on the logistics of the game, but she's actually catching more than I thought she would.

Jeremy was told this week that most likely he'll be hired on for another year. A year is better than 6 months! But nothing is official yet, so we'll just have to wait and see. We just might be at another job in a month. I can't believe how quickly these last 6 months have gone. Jeremy loves this job and is so happy there. We really hope things work out for him to work there longer.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I hope it works out!!