Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

Happy Easter! The Easter Bunny comes on Saturday at our house. He came when we were all sleeping this year because of how crazy our Saturday was. It was so much fun to see Clara so excited when she woke up and we told her the Easter Bunny had come to our house. She ran around so fast we didn't get very many good pictures.After Jeremy left to go to work, Clara and I had some time to kill before we needed to leave. She decided to take her Easter candy and make it "snow" all over our carpet. Clara and I were able to meet up with some friends at a local grocery store that was having an Easter celebration on Sat. The Easter Bunny was there and Clara was so excited to get to meet him. When we finally met up again as a family, we headed to Kohls to spend some Khols cash that had been given to us and that expired that day. Jeremy found this hat and tried it on. Clara then really wanted to wear it and even asked if we could buy it. We bought her some play-doh instead. She played with it for hours. She had us help her write her name and then she wanted us to make a Clara. If you notice, the play-doh Clara has a flower in her hair just like the real Clara.On Easter Sunday, we headed to Jeremy's parents' house for dinner and the annual Easter Egg Treasure Hunt. Clara had so much fun running after the other kids. She really didn't care they beat her to all the clues. It was a happy day.
  • Sunday morning before church, I told Clara the Easter story and explained to her that was the reason we celebrated Easter. I showed her pictures of Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane, on the Cross, and then resurrected. We then talked about what resurrected means, and explained that even though the Easter Bunny is fun, we should think about our Savior during Easter. She listened quite well (better than I thought she would anyway) and when I was done, she said, "That was a great story. Thanks Mommy!"
  • Conversation with Clara: Me: "You are a cutie pie." Clara: "I'm not a pie!" "You aren't? Well then what are you?" "I'm a crazy kid."
  • Clara LOVES Tinkerbell. One day, Clara came up to me with a very worried look on her face and she was flapping her elbow frantically. When I asked her what was wrong, she said, "I can't hear something, because I don't have a bell in my body like Tinkerbell does. I want to have a bell in my body!"
  • Clara and Jeremy have some very funny conversations. Clara mentioned to him that she was hungry or something and Jeremy said, "You can eat a computer." Clara: "No, try again." "You can eat garbage." "Keep trying." "A phone?" "Try again." "Fruit sacks?" "You got it!"

1 comment:

Mama's Makin's said...

That girl is a smart one with the candy snow! :) LOL> I read on a blog how the Easter bunny left a trail of jelly beans from the kids room to the baskets. That just may be my girls favorite part of all! :)