Monday, June 27, 2011

Birthday Celebrations

We had such a great week. My sister came down to go house hunting. They even found a place on day 2, so they could relax and have fun the rest of the time they were here. We had so much planned though, that we didn't spend a whole lot of time with them. It's a good thing they are moving in a few weeks so we can spend as much time as we want with them!

My birthday week started Thursday night with Jeremy and I going to a work party. They fed us dinner, had a hula hoop contest, a limbo contest, and had entertainment. The Nashville Tribute band played. It was a blast. It was also fun to visit with and get to know the people Jeremy works with and talks about all the time. He works with a lot of great people.

Friday we dropped Clara off at a neighbor's house and we headed out for an evening without kids. We finally got to see Thor, something Jeremy has been wanting to see for a long time. We then got a dinner we could eat in the motel room. It was so nice to just relax and remember how much we like each other. I'm amazed at how life gets in the way of just sitting and talking to each other.

We came home on Saturday and spent a little more time with my sister before we headed to the rodeo. We saw quite a few of Jeremy's relatives at the rodeo too. I had some great birthday surprises while I was there too. I won a $10 gift card to a local grocery store, Jeremy caught a T-Shirt that was thrown into the crowd and he gave it to me, and just being able to watch the rodeo was the best birthday gift ever. I love rodeos and it had been way too long since I'd been to one.The half time show was pretty cool too. All the still shots we got were way too blurry, so here's a video.

Clara loved getting to wave at all the horses after the rodeo. She was so excited to see them up close.

  • While we were at the rodeo, Clara leaned over to me and said, "I want a baby cow." I told her no. "Please Mama, I really want one!"

4 comments:

theRach said...

Hahaha, Clara is so funny -- I can only imagine what she'd do if she actually had a baby cow! I'm glad you guys had fun last weekend. :)

Lori Hinsdale said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori Hinsdale said...

Wait, that was Danielle - I am on Lori's computer.

Mama's Makin's said...

glad you had a great birthday!