Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Clara

Clara turned 4 this week and we had a very busy week celebrating!  We ended up having 3 parties for her, and she loved every minute of the attention.

We started last Sunday with a party for Jeremy's side of the family.  I love that I have a daughter that gets so excited by any present.  She genuinely loved every present she got.
Then came her actual birthday on Tuesday.  She got to wear her birthday hat officially and was so proud to do it.  We were able to celebrate before Jeremy left for work that day and Clara played with her new Polly Pockets all day long!
Yesterday, we had a birthday party for my side of the family.  Once again, Clara got so excited opening all her gifts.  I love that I have such a content little girl.
Clara is not a big fan of cake, but LOVES ice cream.  So we got a little creative in how to arrange candles for her to blow out!
Clara LOVES stickers right now.  One day I decided to let her decorate me with stickers, which she thoroughly enjoyed.
  • While Clara was pretending to be a king, she informed me, "Call me sir because sirs are boys that are handsome kinda like a prince.  And you are my lady."
  • "Mom, when I show you my muscles, say 'Ohhh'."  She then put her arms up in the air while clenching her fists.  I obliged her by saying "ohhh, you have such big muscles."  Her reply was, "That's why I'm 4."
  • After discovering Clara had a slight fever this week, I had Clara lay down on the couch and get comfy.  Clara then announced, "I'm just hot from all the sun  in here."
  • "Momma, when you grow up like me, then you can play with me."
  • Our new neighbor across the street is from Ghana.  When Clara saw him, she said, "He sure is black!"  She spoke it loud enough that those sitting next to us started laughing, so I have no idea if he over heard or not.
  • "I like flies, but they are too small to hug!"

2 comments:

Danielle said...

What a crazy girl! I think she and my girls would get along well!

The Emery's said...

She is so cute and so grown up! It's been so long since we've seen you. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. Neil actually can't do it that last weekend in October. Is there a week in November that works good for you?