Monday, October 31, 2011

Odds and Ends

We spent most of the week doing Halloween stuff, but I did want to include some non Halloween things we did.

I realized I never took a picture of our backyard with all our fun play things.  We were able to get the slide and swing set for free.  It's now the favorite spot for several neighbor hood friends and I often find my back yard with about 5 kids in it!
Our neighbor always wants to play with Clara too and I love that.  Since Clara had spent most of her time at the neighbors so I could finish unpacking, I decided to let this little neighbor girl over as much as I could this week now that I was settled.  They play so well together and were so excited that the paints were unpacked!
  • Clara asked if she could play with something and I said no.  Her response: "Thanks for telling me no."
  • "It smells like banana potatoes."
  • Said to a complete stranger: "That's a nice red shirt you got there."
  • I was standing at our counter making a peanut butter sandwich for Clara, who was waiting patiently at the table.  Clara then asked, "What kind of knife is that?"  Me: "A table knife." Clara: "But this is the table and that's the counter!"

No comments: