Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Clara got to go to 3 different Halloween parties this year.  The first one was for preschool.  I didn't get a picture of all the kids because (even though I showed up early to be able to do just that,) one had left early because he wasn't feeling well, another one took his costume off, and the others just didn't want to stand for a picture.  So here is a picture of Clara and her cousin right before I dropped them off.
Next came Jeremy's work party.  The employee's families are invited to dress up and come trick or treating.  People decorate their cubicles and some go all out!
My favorite was the row of cubicles made to look like the Wizard of Oz!
Here's Jeremy's cubicle, along with our entire family in our costumes.
I loved getting to visit Jeremy's work.  I rarely get to see things he does.  However, as we walked around the building, it seemed like every sign that was hanging up was something he designed.  It was great to see so much of his work.
Jeremy brought home his decorations from work and we used them on our house.



And finally, the big night itself.  We went trick-or-treating with my sister and her 5 kids.  Clara was so excited to show off her costume to everyone.  The person answering the door would say a general comment about all the costumes and Clara would come running back to me and say, "They loved my costume!"  One or two people didn't comment on the costumes so Clara piped up and asked, "Do you love my costume?"  She would then become ecstatic when they said yes.
Left to right: Cinderella (Clara,) Winnie the Poo (Kaycee,) Cowgirl (Adanya,) Bear (Hyrum,) Yoda (Jeffrey,) Ghost (Jed.)

Also notice how far away the girls were from the boys.  Kaycee didn't like her brother's faces all pained and would freak out if they even looked at her, so we had to make sure she didn't know they were close by....

No comments: