Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Week

My brother came into town this week, so on Monday, I unpacked all the rest of the toys and organized the toy room.  (I didn't have any toys unpacked that 7 and 9 year old boys would want to play with.)
We then spent everyday doing something fun.  Tuesday we went to the dinosaur museum and Cabela's.
Wednesday we went to a huge park in PG and were there for 4+ hours!
Thursday was Thanksgiving, so we spent the day at my sister's eating!  I made little penguins out of olives, carrots, and cream cheese.  The girls were so excited to help me.
For desert we made turkeys out of oreos, frosting, candy corn, whoppers, brown (plain) m&ms and red (mini) m&ms.
Clara even ate Thanksgiving Dinner, which is something that I was not expecting.
My favorite part of Thanksgiving week was listening to all the cousins play so well together!
Friday we had to say good-bye to my brother and his cute family.  We had so much fun with them!    After they left we still hung out with my family since my sister was here visiting from school.  We went to a bike part that the kids loved playing on rather than actually riding their bikes on. 
It was so windy that we left earlier than we wanted to because of how cold we all were.  Clara was so happy to have me carry her while she cuddled inside my coat with me.
Then when we got back, I had the kids dog-pile on my sister just to "warm" her  up, and make her feel oh so loved!
Saturday was a nice day to just relax after having such a fun weekend.  I did put up the Christmas decorations though and Clara has been asking if it's Christmas ever since.
  • Overheard Clara say to Jeremy: Dad I'm crazy every day just like you!
  • We had the missionaries over for dinner this week.  Clara asked who the missionaries were and I explained that they were young men who told people about Jesus.  Clara was so excited to get the door with Jeremy when they knocked.  But she came running in before any of them, sobbing.  When I asked her what was wrong, she said, "They aren't with Jesus!"
  • We got out a Little People nativity set for Clara to play with.  All day long I can hear her pretending to be the angel and say (very loudly): "Hey everyone come and see!  Jesus is born today!"

4 comments:

The Monroes said...

Have I told you how awesome your hair looks? I am glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.

Jerrile said...

Is that a new Christmas Tree? It looks different than the one you have had and I was just curious. I loved Clara and wanting to have Jesus there with the missionaries. You can tell her that is exactly how I feel. I am sure that made Jesus very happy.

Mama's Makin's said...

how fun! Your new house rocks! So glad you are getting settled in! We have been in our new place for about 4 months and I still have things to unpack!!! 3 kids brings so many more things! One day I hope to be all done and organized like you! :)

Kara said...

You are neighbors with my niece! She lives in the house with the trampoline in the backyard just behind you and to the right. I was at her place for Thanksgiving and asked her if she knew where your house was, and she said, pointing out their window "Right there!"