Monday, November 7, 2011

Random

This was the weather the day after Halloween.  I was amazed that this came after a night of trick-or-treating without needing to wear jackets!
I went to a meeting where we talked about traditions.  I saw this and took a picture in hopes to make it myself one day.  We'll see if I ever get around to it though.
Clara walked out of her cousin's bedroom and said, "Look at me, I'm a cowboy!"
I thought it was funny that Clara would rather turn around to get a crayon each time rather than just pulling the box out of the drawer and setting it on the table.
  • Clara cries a lot when I tell her no.  Because of that, I frequently find myself asking her to find a smile.  One day this week she responded by saying, "My smile is not working."
  • Clara went to use her toilet and found that a friend of hers had not flushed from when she used it early on in the day.  After a small melt down from Clara, I flushed the toilet and then told her she could now use it.  She started crying and said, "But I want a lot of water!"  (Since the toilet was just flushed, it was in the process of filling back up.)  So I said, "It's getting more water now."  Clara: "I don't see it."  Me: "Well, it's filling up, that's what happens when you flush a toilet.  First all the water leaves the toilet, and then it slowly fills back up so you can use it again."  Clara: "I didn't know toilets did that.  That's interesting!"

No comments: