Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Clara's Art

So I know that this becomes a reoccurring theme on my blog, but sometimes I am seriously impressed with my daughter's drawing ability. 

Clara showed me this picture that she drew completely by herself.  I always ask her to tell me about her pictures when she shows them to me.  She is swimming in the water (blue.)  Rachael (my sister) and I are on the sand (red.)  Rachael is sleeping (with eyes closed) on a towel with flowers on it under a beach umbrella.  I am sitting on a camping chair where you can even see the mesh cup holder Clara drew.  Then of course there are clouds and a sun in the sky.
As I mentioned in my picture blog, Clara draws pictures of the things we are reading about during our nightly scripture study.  We were talking about baptism and Clara drew this.  The thing that awes me about this one is that when she was explaining her picture to us she told us she decided to draw a baptismal font like the ones in the temple.  That is why there are "cows" holding the "bowl" up.  I had no idea when or where she had ever seen a picture of a font inside the temple, but she obviously has and even remembered!  (Cows and bowl are in quotes because that is what Clara calls them.  They are actually oxen and a font.)
For those not familiar with our temples, here is a picture (from lds.org)

1 comment:

Angie Miller said...

What a little artist! Picasso, anyone?