Monday, June 11, 2012

Summer is Officially Here!

With school out and temperatures rising, we've been swimming a lot lately.  Our neighbors had a pool party this week.  It was actually a pretty cool and windy day, so we filled the pools with warm water and the kids had a blast.
The biggest hit was the pool with a slide.
And then when all the other kids were cold and done swimming, guess who was the lone child left who didn't care about being cold (or alone.)
Then on Friday, my sister's family and I went to check out a pond that I'm thinking about playing at for my family reunion in July.  The water was freezing, but we had a lot of fun sitting on the "beach."
 
  • While driving in the car, Clara randomly said, "When I grow up, I want to be a lady that cleans!"
  • While listening to the radio, a commercial came on for coffee at McDonald's.  When Clara heard it, she said, "McDonald's has coffee?  I'm never going there again!"  A little while later, we happened to drive past a McDonalds.  When she saw the golden arches, she again insisted that she will never eat there again because they sell coffee.  (The next day she insisted on going to McDonalds for lunch.)
  • While visiting the Bean Museum (a museum full of stuffed animals,) I pointed to a porcupine and asked Clara what it was.  Her response: "A pokey pine!"

No comments: