Monday, June 4, 2012

Pony Express Days

We've had our city's summer festivities this week.  That includes a carnival.  So my neighbor and I took our kids on Friday to check out all the cool rides.
Here is Clara waiting for the rides to start.
 Clara actually went down this huge slide.  I was quite surprised she did it, and it scared her so she was crying by the time she got to the bottom, but she did it!
More rides

And the prize she "won" with her friends.
Clara saw this care bear when she first arrived at the fair.  She really wanted it, but of course you had to win it....  Clara had me throw the balls so that she could win.  Well, that didn't work either.  She started crying and as I was explaining that you can't win every time, nor would she be able to do this kind of thing again if she continued her current actions, the carnival girl just gave Clara the bear anyway.  I thought that was really nice, but I was also so frustrated as a parent.  On the way home, Clara even said, "You didn't win this for me, but because I cried so hard, the lady gave it to me."  So now she'll cry way more often in the hopes it will work.....  Grrr....

No comments: