Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas

We started our Christmas festivities on Sunday Dec 23.  That's when Jeremy's family held their annual Christmas party.  It always starts with a talent show.  I love that this year we had a variety of things rather than just singing.

We then get to exchange gifts.  Joe got a brightly colored bug toy that he loves.
Clara received a lacing activity, which she was ecstatic about because now she can sew like her mom.  She also received new LaLaLoopsys.
Jeremy and I received a new Wii game.
This will most likely by John and Sharon's last Christmas with their family for a few years.  They have decided to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  Their papers are in and are waiting for their call to come.  We will miss you guys next year, but are so proud of your willingness to serve the Lord.
Joseph also got to spend some play time with his cousin who is just a few weeks older.  I love how they both have drool dripping from their mouth to the ground!
Christmas Eve was spent at my sister's house.  We again exchanged a few gifts with my brother and his family.
We also got to spend some time with my grandmother who came from Montana to stay with us for Christmas.
And then came the day that Clara has been waiting for.  Christmas!  We had a wonderful Christmas filled with a lot of immediate family time as well as time with my side of the family.  We feel so blessed.  I was impressed how well Clara understands the true meaning of Christmas.  She demonstrated it by asking me to write this note for her:
Sorry the handwriting is so sloppy.  I was trying to juggle a crying baby while writing it for Clara.  But those are all the words dictated by Clara.  We are also very grateful that Santa could bring Joseph a hat and mittens to keep him warm:
Hope your Christmas was as wonderful as ours.


No comments: