Monday, March 4, 2013

Hoover Dam and Ballerina Performance

We got together to take some family pictures this week.  I'll post more when I get the official ones, but I love this one I took with my camera.  It's all of Jeremy's siblings posing by doing a wall sit.  I was impressed!
We were able to make a very quick family trip to Arizona this week.  Clara was so excited to get to sleep in such a big bed at a motel.  In the morning, as we were leaving, Clara said, "Mom, I'm a little sad right now because we have to leave the motel and I love it here." 
On the way home, we decided to stop by the Hoover Dam since we were driving right past it anyway.  Boy were there a lot of tourists for a dam.  But I guess it is a famous one.
I guess if you rub the feet of this statue, it's supposed to bring you good luck.
And this pedestrian bridge was way too high for any of us to have a desire to walk on it.  It made me nervous just looking at it!
On Sunday, Clara decided to put on a ballerina performance for us.  She spent hours making the preparations.  Here are our tickets, flowers to throw at her, and a basket to put the flowers in.  Not pictured was the money she made to give us so that we could buy the ticket.
She even greeted us at the door and then showed us to our seats, which were labeled.
Next came the amazing performance, complete with several bows at the end.
Last was a tea party enjoyed by all.
Thanks for such a fun night Clara!