Monday, March 18, 2013

Just another week

Every Monday, we gather as a family and have a little lesson.  Clara overhead Jeremy and I discussing whose turn it was to teach the lesson.  She then asked why she couldn't take a turn.  We decided to let her.  She ran right up stairs into the toy room.  I figured I would help her get a lesson ready when it was closer to the actual time.  But Clara soon emerged from the toy room with the lesson done.  She had put it together all by herself.  Here is her lesson:
The first picture is of Jesus, the Earth, Adam and Eve, and our family.  It's pretty obvious who Jesus is, but there is a backwards number 1 by Adam and Eve since they were the first people on the earth.

Then came the page which told us that Jesus made us.
And last, but not least, a picture story.  It says Adam and Eve were the 1st people who lived on the Earth.
Jeremy and I were both so impressed by her thoughtfulness and willingness to give us a lesson!

It was finally nice enough weather this last week to get out of the house.  I took Clara and Joseph to a nearby park.  I decided to let Joseph swing in the baby swing rather than just have him sit in the stroller.  He neither hated nor loved his first time swinging....
Clara was cutting some paper, when I heard her say, "Oh no!  Oh no!  Mom, come quick, it's an emergency!"  I found her with her thumb cut. 
It was barely bleeding, so it wasn't cut very badly.  So I started to notice her surroundings.  In addition to cutting paper and her thumb, she also cut her hair!  Clara has never done that before and I didn't think she ever would.  Guess I was wrong....
I love how Joseph sleeps with his arms wide open. 
And last but not least, I finally got a good picture of his two teeth.  I also love the huge smile on his face!

1 comment:

Karalene Ludlow said...

Boy have I been missing from the blog world for too long! I totally missed you were expecting number 2! So cute! Hugs!