Monday, May 20, 2013

Pretty Kitty

We've been borrowing a cat costume.  When it was time to return it, Clara needed me to take a picture of her in it so we could always remember it.  I think she's the prettiest kitty around!
Clara also surprised us this week by cleaning up the toy room all by herself!  That was an especially nice surprise.  I can't believe how big my little girl is getting.  I also can't wait to give her more responsibilities now that I know she can do them.  :)

Clara's skills as an artist improve each day.  Jeremy was so proud of this sword that Clara drew all by herself.
And the last news worthy even in our house this week was a surprise visit by this guy:
We knew rattlesnakes live in our area since we live right next to open fields that haven't been developed yet.  But I was completely shocked to walk out by back door and find this guy in my yard.  It was probably about 3 feet long, and since I had never heard of gopher snakes, I thought for sure it was a rattle snake.  After a huge commotion from several neighbors, (who all concluded it was a rattle snake) we finally decided it was best to behead this guy.  Turns out that it takes snakes a LONG time to stop moving after they no longer have a head.  It was over 45 min before it stopped wiggling. 
That night I did some research online to help me decide the best plan of action the next time I encounter a rattle snake in my yard.  It was only then that I learned about gopher snakes.  After doing more research and looking at all the photos I had of our beheaded friend, that I realized we had killed a gopher snake, not a rattle snake.  Then I felt completely guilty.  So sorry friendly little guy!

1 comment:

Emma McLaughlin (Zachreson) said...

Hey, you should call Nate the next time a snake is around...he'll fix it before its dead. :)