Friday, May 16, 2008

First Tooth

Clara cut her first tooth Wednesday morning. I have such mixed feelings about it. I'm so excited for this first. But at the same time, it means my little baby is also growing up. Teething hasn't been too bad either. Clara has been fussy, but not like you hear stories about. She will calm down if I'm holding her, so we've had a lot of mom and baby time lately. It's hard to see the tooth in this size. But if you click on the picture it will enlarge it and you can see the tooth between my finger and the edge of her mouth.Other firsts this week include her first pair of hard soled shoes. I might be crazy, but I realized I really have never made Clara wear shoes. The socks also stopped when she started sitting up because they no longer stayed on her feet long enough to make it worth the hassle. So I decided that I would start putting shoes on Clara when I take her outside so that she learns early that shoes need to be worn if you are going outside. If nothing else, at least it is allowing her to get used to shoes.Clara has also started doing this smile thing that is funny to both Jeremy and I. She will tip her head back and smile while squinting her eyes. Who knows why she started this, but it makes Mom and Dad laugh.Clara also cuddled with Dad and we happened to get it on camera. Clara cuddles with me a lot, but when she is with Dad she is usually playing too much to have time to cuddle. However, when she does cuddle, she can get Dad to do anything! :)I would also like to thank Jeremy for the wonderful Mother's Day he gave me. He did a fantastic job of making me feel appreciated for what I do. Thanks for loving me Jeremy!

4 comments:

McDuffie Family said...

How exciting.......and yet I understand the mixed emotions......me, it's also sad that it means they are growing up, but also that means more teeth to come. With our experience, the girls cut like 4 teeth at a time, or right after eacht other, so we're not so happy! I hope it stays well for you! Cute shoes and love the personality coming out!

The Giffs said...

Clara is so cute! I was inspired by your blog to finally create my own... we even made the South Park characters. Thanks for your inspiration!

Angie Miller said...

She is tooooo cute!

Michael, Collette, Cassie, and Romeo said...

Hey Beck Family!!! Wow, Clara cut her first tooth. That's so great. Cassie will be 1 on Saturday and she still doesn't have any teeth. It's good to hear that it's not as bad as all the horror stories.
We need to get together.
The Browns... Mike, Collette, and Cassie :)