Friday, May 30, 2008

Memorial Day

Sorry this post doesn't have any pictures. We lent our camera to a friends who were having a baby. I figure those pictures are far more important than any I could put on my blog.

On Monday, we went to 4 different cemeteries and visited the graves of grandmas and grandpas on Jeremy's side of the family. Since we named Clara after 2 people on Jeremy's side of the family, it made this Memorial Day more special for me as we showed Clara the headstones of the people we named her after. We followed the visits of the graves with a BBQ. It was fun to be with family for Memorial Day.

Last night, I showed up early to Provo High's graduation. I wanted to see some old students of mine on their big night. I didn't stay for the ceremony, but I walked around where all the Seniors had to line up. It was so much fun to see so many students. I can't believe a whole year has gone by since I stopped teaching. It doesn't seem like it's been that long. I also can't believe how excited some of them were to see me. I knew 2 or 3 would be, and those were the ones I came to see. But so many more stopped me and wanted to talk. I had planned to be there for about 1/2 an hour, but it turned into an hour and a half! It was fun to get stopped so much. They all wanted to meet Clara and asked if I was glad I was a stay at home mom. I think it was good for them to hear that even though I LOVE teaching, I love being a mom even more. I even had one student of mine tell me that he wanted to be a math teacher right after he made me promise that I would let him come baby sit for me! I had so much fun last night!

Also this week I made up a new recipe. Jeremy liked it so much he wanted me to put it on the blog. He named it Cheesy Chicken - n - rice burritos.

1 cup uncooked rice
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 lb of cooked chicken, diced
1/2 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup of milk
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
10 flour tortillas

Cook the rice, then mix with all the other ingredients except the tortillas. When all the ingredients are mixed together, spoon into tortillas. Wrap into a burrito. Cook for 20 minutes at 400.

The flour tortillas get crispy, and it makes for one yummy meal.

4 comments:

Stephanie Johnson said...

Sounds yummy. I printed the recipe out to try it. Thanks!

LaChelle said...

I'll have to try those burritos! Those sound really good. Yep, we're moving tomorrow, but it's just across the street from where we're at now. It's a much bigger apartment, and we get to stay in our ward, so we're pretty excited!

McDuffie Family said...

How fun, I guess you made more of an impact that you realize at times..........I'd want my kids to have you as their teacher......I remember how nervous you were to stop teaching and be a mom..........I'm so happy it has been so wonderful! You are a great mom and that recipe sounds delish! We'll have to try it!

Sharon Beck said...

Sarah, I've got some good pictures of Clara by Beth Beck and Clara Edythe's headstones that I'll e-mail to you. I should have sent them before you did this blog. I'm a little slow.