Friday, January 16, 2009

First Major Injury

..... or so I thought.

I was chasing Clara around the house, a favorite game of Clara's that we play. She fell and hit her mouth right on the corner of our entertainment system. There was a lot of blood, but I wasn't too worried because I knew that mouth injuries caused a lot of blood. However, as I was cleaning all the blood up, I found a large gaping wound on her chin. It was big enough to freak me out a little. A friend was here, and even he thought it looked like the cut went all the way through the skin. After a closer examination, which Clara hated, we discovered it didn't go all the way though. We decided not to take her to the doctor because we could super glue it closed if we had to. After laying in my arms with her blanket and pacifier for an hour (that's a long time for Clara) she got down off my lap, discarded her blanket and pacifier, and started playing. I got the camera to take a picture of this gaping wound that was now no bigger than a scratch. I couldn't believe it. We didn't even have to use super glue! Another favorite moment of this week is watching Jeremy read to our little Clara. She loves books. She will often grab a book from the shelf, sit herself on our lap with it, and shove it in our face until we read it to her. I like that our little girl loves to read so much.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such a cute family!

Traci said...

I'm glad the cut wasn't anything major. No fun though. That is so cute that she loves books so much!

Danielle said...

Hey, I didn't know you could super glue skin! I am glad she's okay.

Stephanie Johnson said...

Lance had a similar cut in about the same area. We we told from a doctor that he needed stitches. So we went to the ER and he just needed dermabond (skin super glue). Her's looks like it will heal just fine. You made the right decision not to go anywhere.

Kara Lee Robinson said...

Clara looks so much like you it's adorable!!! :)

Ericrazy said...

sister beck, your baby girl is positively the cutest girl! I swear she gets cuter everytime I see her!

Sharon Beck said...

Glad to hear it wasn't a serious injury. I loved seeing Jeremy reading to Clara. How sweet!