Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Formidable Friday

Friday started out very formidable as my grandmother went in for open heart surgery. The normal 4 hour heart valve replacement surgery ended up lasting 6 hours. But the surgery was successful and my grandmother is expected to be released tomorrow! I drove to Rexburg, ID with Clara and picked my mom up. The three of us then drove to Spokane, WA where my grandmother had her surgery. As we saw from my Christmas post, Clara does not like men with white beards. This was taken the first night, so Clara was really scared of my grandpa. By the last morning we were there, Clara was eating out of his hand! I'm so glad she warmed up to him. I really didn't think she would. So that is why Clara is crying in both pictures. Grandad was still in the room when we got the picture with my grandmother. Oh well.Also on Friday, Jeremy accepted a new job! Yay for no more unemployment. He'll work evenings at a place called ThinkBox Design Marketing. His first day was yesterday and he thinks he will really enjoy it.

7 comments:

Kent said...

I am so glad everything went well with the surgery, that can be scary.

I am also really excited that you (Jeremy) found a new job. You guys have constantly been in my thoughts and prayers. That is such great news.

Traci said...

I'm glad everything went well with your grandma. That's good that you and your mom were able to be there.

Congrats to Jeremy on getting the job! Shawn and I are very excited for you!

Allison said...

Yay for jobs!

Suzi said...

A week of good news!
I am glad your Grandma is OK. I am so glad Jeremy found a job!
I totally understand the desire to make sure that your little one makes a connection with their grandparents. I am glad it worked out for you.

McDuffie Family said...

Glad the surgery went well! Congrats on the new job! hope it all works out well!

Emily said...

Hooray for Jeremy! Our prayers, not to mention yours, have been answered. Clara is cute even when she's terrified of geese and geesers!

Hunter Family said...

Whew! I'm glad to hear your grandmother's surgery went well. I love that picture of Clara screaming. My daughter seems to think white beard = Santa!