Friday, April 17, 2009

April?

So I began to wonder if it was really the middle of April when I woke up to this yesterday morning. All the weight of the snow made the branches bend enough to make the tree 3 - 4 feet shorter than normal. Normally you can walk right under this tree without hitting your head. However, this morning you had to duck to make it past without hitting your head. And once you made it past the first set of branches and were standing next to the trunk, this is what you saw. That's right, our car was covered with all the branches! As the snow started to melt, and thus got heavier due to the water weight, several branches broke on this tree. One of them was broken right on our car! My wonderful downstairs neighbor got out his very small ax and cut the broken branch for me so that I could drive my car. Thanks Jon! Since it was way too crazy of weather to go out side and play in, Clara had to be creative inside. She decided to try and get Addi to give her a horsey ride. Addi didn't move once Clara got on, but at least both girls seemed to enjoy it.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That was crazy! I got a picture of your car, too. The whole tree was on it! Missed ya at playgroup today, hope you are doing well. Cute pic of Clara by the way.