Friday, April 3, 2009

Bean Museum

For playgroup yesterday, we went to the Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum at BYU. Clara loved it. She ran from one animal to the next pointing and making her excited growl noise. Once again, it was hard to get a good picture of her. She was so excited, she just kept running, so there was no time to pose for a picture. The best part about all this excitement is that the museum is free! Can't beat that. I came home and told Jeremy that we needed to go there for FHE more often! The most impressive exhibit to me was the elephant. That thing was huge! Clara figured out that if you press buttons, the screen lights up. THere were about 5 or 6 story boards that Clara kept pressing the buttons on. She just went from one to the next to the next and when she had gotten to them all, she started over again. It was fun to watch her little mind at work. At first she kept calling everything a dog (the only animal name she can say.) However, as I would tell her the correct name, she would try to say it. Those she could say became the next thing she would call everything. For example, when we first arrived, she called everything a dog until we came to a bear. As soon as I said bear, she said it. Then all the animals were a bear until we got to a duck. Once she learned the work duck everything became a duck, including the bear.... Oh well. It made me laugh. Maybe one day she'll get all those animal's names down. Let's face it. I don't have all those animal's names down either. If it weren't for me being able to read signs, I couldn't name all the animals in the museum either. This picture made me laugh too. Clara is touching the "Please Do Not Touch" sign. But those lions sure don't scare her!
There even happened to be a show while we were there, so all our little kids could touch a live snake if they wanted to. Only 2 were brave enough to do it! Clara just wasn't interested in sitting long enough to wait for her turn, so I have no idea if she would have been brave enough or not.

3 comments:

ciara said...

Fun!! Gotta love the Bean museum!! Clara is so cute! Hope you guys are doing good!

Tori said...

Haha...she's brave. (And so cute :)) The Bean museum scares the crud out of me :)

Allison said...

How fun! My girls would love that place!