Monday, April 13, 2009

Old Students

At church yesterday, I saw 5 former students. Each seemed so happy to see me. 3 of them were there because they are related to a baby in our ward who was blessed yesterday. The other 2 are now married to each other and are in the ward that meets after we do in our building. He was a student who always treated me well, but would never do homework. He did end up getting his GED, and even served a mission. I was so pleased to hear he had been married in the temple. He wasn't making the best of choices in High School. Him not doing homework was among the least of his problems. I was elated to see him back on the right track and so happy. I talked to those 2 students for quite a while. The whole rest of they day I kept thinking about them and smiling because of how happy I was to see them doing what is right. I was so excited about it today that I decided to blog about it. It really makes me wonder how our Father in Heaven feels who loves us so much more than I would love a student. I am so grateful for that love. I am also grateful for the love of our Savior who sacrificed all just to give us a chance to live with our Father in Heaven again. He even did it knowing that most people would not use His miraculous gift.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You Blog! Hurray! And what a cute blog it is! I found you too cool!

Michelle said...

Beautiful post. I love your testimony at the end, in particular. :) You must have been a wonderful teacher!