Thursday, April 9, 2009

Projects

I have done some projects these last few weeks that I'm proud of and wanted to share. I had a couple of baby showers that I needed to get gifts for. One of the best things I got was a home made hooded towel. It's bigger than the ones you can buy at the store so you can really wrap your baby up for longer than a few months...... I've never made one before, so when it turned out this cute, I was excited. I just looked at the one I was given for a pattern. I only had to take out 1 seam too. I made 2 of them, but by the time I thought about taking a picture, the other one was already given away.Another project that I did wasn't hard, but I thought was a great idea so I wanted to share. I was looking at a friends "picture" book during sacrament meeting. She had a 3 ring binder with sheet protectors full of wonderful pictures that her kids could look at during the meeting. Upon further inspection, I realized that she had cut all of them from the Ensign. So this week I made Clara her very own sacrament meeting picture book. I can't wait for her to be able to use it. She loves looking at pictures, so hopefully that will help our sacrament meeting be more quiet.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Thanks for the great ideas! I agree with you on one of my favorite baby gifts---hooded towels we can use for years, not months! And great Sacrament meeting picture idea---anything helps! :-)

AmbertheGreat said...

Both of those are great ideas - I still need sewing lessons :) How are you doing?

Sharon Beck said...

You are so ambitious, frugal and creative! Way to go!