Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

Jeremy and I drove to Rexburg for Thanksgiving weekend. Before we left, I attempted to make Clara some bows. When we brought those other bows home for her and she loved them so much, I though, "Why not make some myself?" So I finally found the clips at Sally's Beauty Supply. (Thanks for the tip Keri!) And was very excited to come home and start making them. The first 2 took me about an hour to do as I was trying to figure them out. But then the other ones only took me about 15 minutes for each pair. Thanksgiving was a wonderful break. I brought our camera, but failed to take any pictures. Clara was the only kid there, so it's a little awkward taking pictures of just adults... Oh well. We were able to play LOTS of games. I never got tired of those. Luckily, Jeremy had just a little bit of homework, so he was able to play with us most of the vacation. That was something Clara and I weren't used to, and we both enjoyed getting to spend so much quality time with Jeremy.

On our way home from Rexburg, some friends of ours called and asked if we wanted 2 tickets to the BYU vs Utah game. We jumped on those and drove straight to the game. Clara had never been to a football game before. The first time the crowd erupted, Clara started crying. I figured that once we got into our seats, she would calm down. She didn't. She buried her face into my chest and held on to me for dear life. She cried for about the first 10 minutes we were there. I wasn't about to leave the game for her, nor did I wanted her in constant fear for 3 - 4 hours. So I was trying my best to get her to calm down. I showed her the big TV (both of them.) I tried explaining to her that the people weren't yelling, they were clapping and saying, "Woohoo!" I finally remembered how much she loves for people to run fast. So I told her that there were people down on the grass that were going to run fast. She finally unburied her head long enough to watch them run fast. The crying stopped, but the uncertainty was still there. It wasn't too long after she started watching that a punt took place. As the players got into position, I told Clara that they were going to kick the ball. Finally, she got excited and loosened her death grip. After the punt, she clapped with the crowd, and the fear was gone. Thank goodness! We were then able to enjoy the rest of the game. Thanks Michael and Colette for the tickets! Here is a picture of her clapping, and as you can tell, she was still a little nervous in this picture.Yesterday we had some great friends be willing to spend about an hour with us at 2 different locations to take family pictures. Thank-you so much Aubs and Aaron! Jeremy and I spent hours looking at all the pictures and can't decide which picture to get printed. He has his favorite and I have mine. I told him that since we couldn't agree, I would post some options on our blog and let our viewers help decide. So please vote for your favorite family picture below. Choose wisely since the one you pick will be our family picture on our blog for a year! Which is your favorite, #1, #2, #3, #4, or #5?

Picture #1

Picture #2

Picture #3

Picture #4

Picture #5

18 comments:

chapples8 said...

#5 is my lst choice and #3 is 2nd choice. Clara couldn't look better than in #5 and the two of you look great too!

Kristi said...

I like #5 and #1...I love Clara's smile in #5! I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving. It was great to see you at the wedding!

Traci said...

Those are great pictures! I like #5 the best.

Lori Ann said...

I vote for 1 2 and 5!! Clara looks SO cute in 5, but you all look extra fabulous in one and two!!

Mama's Makin's said...

I love clara's smile in #5 it is priceless.

Becky said...

Although I LOVE the looks on your faces in #5, I vote for #1. You could switch off every couple of months if you wanted to...

Genevieve Beck said...

I think I too am a fan of #5. I actually like picture 2 quite a bit as well, but Clara is pretty mellow in that one.
I love how the "running fast" pulled her out of her shell.

Jenny said...

#5 Sooooo cute!

Angie Miller said...

5 5 5 5 5 5 5.

Jerrile said...

#5 yes I believe it is #5. I went through and each time I think I began liking them better but #5 it seems everyone including Clara is happy at getting their picture taken. Once again thanks for coming to Rexburg and letting Clara and I play while you were playing games. Also I got a kick out of the one package that is addressed to Hun, thanks Hun.

Sharon Beck said...

#3 is my first choice. I think it is good of all three of you. Altho' I agree with everyone else-#5 is so cute of Clara.

Maria said...

#4 or #5, I can't tell on the lighting which will print better. Cute family!

Carrrie said...

I like #5! They are all so cute though. At first #1 was my favorite, until I saw #5. I am curious as to which was yours and Jeremy's favs!

Jason said...

I think Aunt Sharon's vote should count for 13 votes. So that's 13 votes for #3 plus my vote for #3 and we have a winner, #3!!! They are all great pictures though so anyone you pick will look great (although #3 would look best)!

Nici said...

I am serious! Tell what day! :)thanks

Kent said...

Clara is definitely cute as can be in #5, but since this is a family picture I am going against the popular crowd to say #3.

AmbertheGreat said...

I like #3 and 5

Kristina said...

We vote #5! Clara's smile is awesome. We miss you guys and hope you are doing well.