Monday, August 15, 2011

Family Reunion

We had the John Beck Family reunion this week. We had such a fun time getting to visit with family. Clara and her cousins spent a lot of time playing in our tent. I have no idea what was so exciting about it, but every time I turned around they were playing in it again. It made me laugh. These kids also loved taking turns sitting in an inner tube. We had a lot planned while we were out camping. We had treasure hunts, word searches, family history moments, fishing, swimming,a talent show, and games (can you tell it was cold at night.)We even had a campfire and roasted smores. Clara's favorite was putting the entire marshmallow in her mouth to eat it.We had several prairie dog holes through out our campsite that we had to be very careful not to trip on. With that came several sightings of the little critters.And this I just thought was funny. Clara wanted to sit by grandpa and enjoy the view!On Sunday, we had a family dinner with the other side of the family. Clara has the best cousins anyone could ask for. She loves playing with all of them!I was also able to see The Help this last week with some friends. I loved the book and was very worried that the movie would disappoint. However, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and thought it did a great job of capturing the feeling of the book! So much so that I can't wait to read the book again!
  • Clara abruptly woke up from sleeping in the car and said, "I want the giraffe." Since I was slightly confused, I asked her to repeat what she said. Her reply, "I want to buy a giraffe for a pet."
  • Clara drew a picture this week with 3 people in a big blue circle. When I asked her what she drew she pointed to the corresponding person in the drawing and said, "This is Clara, she is falling into the sea. This is Daddy, he will catch Clara and save her. This is Mommy, she is scared because Clara is falling into the sea."
  • Sunday morning, Clara and I were looking into the mirror together. Clara announced that she had yellow hair, so I asked her what color my hair was. She said, "Brown." So then I asked what color Daddy's hair was. "It's just pokey up hair."

No comments: