Monday, August 22, 2011

Mini McCleve Reunion

Several of Jeremy's cousins who live in Utah got together this week and had a BBQ. It was so much fun to visit with all of them, especially since we didn't get to go to the big reunion in AZ this year.Clara has been doing this to her chair and then saying it's her castle or palace. She gets so mad at me every night when I have her put it away. She's made it everyday this week so far!Clara has been into telling stories lately. She wants me to make up stories and then she makes up one to tell. Usually mine are about princesses and things, so I was a little surprised when she told this one.

In case you can't understand her, this is what she said:
"Once upon a time, Clara went into the woods. And one time a scary witch went to her. Then.... then the ghost came. But it had a lamp and it flied around me and it scared me so much. Somebody turned it off. The end."

Clara wanted to be just like me on Sunday. She wanted to wear her hair like me. She even wanted to wear a necklace and a bracelet like I was too. When she was done looking like me, I thought she looked way too grown up!
  • Clara and I were reading a magazine together and there was a picture of a bear. Clara said, "Look at the big dog!" After I explained to her that it was actually a bear, she said, "Did you know that bears are kinda like dogs?"
  • Clara wanted me to try on her church shoes. After showing her they wouldn't fit, she said, "You are the big mean lady and I'm Cinderella. See, they fit me perfectly!" A little while later, she wanted me to put her shoes on my hands. After doing so, she said, "You are a beautiful donkey!"

1 comment:

Genevieve Beck said...

The mini McCleve reunion looks like fun! The picture of Clara dressed like you is definitely like mother, like daughter. Love the story and very much love the beautiful donkey comment.