Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New House

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, which is my usual day to write our weekly post. I was busy getting pre-approved and signing a purchasing contract for a new house! It took hours and hours, but we are now officially under contract! This has all happened pretty fast. We've been "looking" for a couple of months thinking we wouldn't do anything until May(ish.) But on Thursday, when I went to go look at a friend's new house, she showed me the house next door. I thought it looked great and went home to see the other plans for the building company. I fell in love with 2 (my favorite being the floor plan of the house that was already built.) I figured I would book mark them and look at them again in May. Well, Jeremy saw the house as we helped our friends move in and we ended up putting an offer in that night (Saturday.) We were pre-approved and our offer was accepted all yesterday morning. So yesterday afternoon I signed the contract. We are having a few things done to our brand new home before we move in (like getting the basement finished,) so it will be about a month before we move. I'm actually really grateful for that so that I have time to let that all sink in. I'm desperately going to miss our ward. But I'm surprised that I yet to have buyers remorse. I think it helps that Jeremy is so excited when he normally could care less about things like that.

Jeremy got some pictures of the main floor, so for those of you who are curious, enjoy the pics!Coat Closet in Entry WayKitchenPantry (which is Clara's current favorite part of the house. Every time we go see the house, she runs for the pantry and pretends it's her castle.)Oh yeah, and the best part about this house is that it is RIGHT next door to our friends! So we know we already love our neighbors! (Who also happen to have a girl who is 2 months older than Clara!)

12 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Honestly, I think you deserve this more than anyone I know!!!

Candace said...

I'm so happy for you guys, it's a beautiful house! Will you still be in Orem? Just out of curiosity, who is your builder? Some of your inside finishings look really similar to ours. Congrats!

Candace said...

Oops nevermind, I just realized you put a link to the floorplan. Not the same builder, but very nice!

David McCleve said...

Congratulations!

Genevieve Beck said...

I can't put as many exclamation marks as I'm feeling! This is so exciting! The floor plan is beautiful and I love the pictures. I'm so excited that your basement will be finished too. I'm just drooling over your big kitchen. It will be so fun! What city is it in? (You don't have to blog answer that if you don't want). You guys have been in that ward for so long and I'm sure you'll also be dearly missed.

Angie Miller said...

Couldn't have happened to a nicer family!

Carrrie said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a beautiful house!!! Seriously! So excited for you! :D

BECKS 'R US said...

How exciting! Now for the fun part...moving.

Maria said...

Awesome! Congratulations guys!

Jon, Keri, Addison, and Brooklyn said...

Yah!!!! Congrats! It is so cute and minutes from our house now!!! Wahoo!!!

Kent said...

Congrats guys! That is so awesome!

Allison said...

Congrats!!! That's so exciting!