Monday, August 8, 2011

Family Week

To make up for last week, I took TONS of pictures this week and had a hard time narrowing it down. On Thursday this week, I was feeling like we desperately needed some fun family time. It had been way too long since we had done anything just the 3 of us. So we headed out to take Clara miniature golfing for the first time. She could see this bridge from hole 1 but we didn't get to actually cross it until hole 11 or so. She spent the first half of miniature golfing asking when it would be time to cross the bridge! She finally got the gist of using the club to hit the ball and would position her ball close to the hole like this and then use the club to hit it in. There is also an arcade there. While we were looking around, some nice college students decided to give Clara their tickets. When we looked at the receipt, it was over 1,000! So Clara got to pick pretty much anything she wanted. Here is Clara with all her loot.On Friday, an old college roommate stopped by to visit. I had so much fun visiting with her. I used to watch her little girl every day while she went to work. This is how I remember Addi And this is a picture of her and Clara from Friday. I can't believe how fast kids change!Addi has a little sister who is completely adorable! I sure loved listening to Brooklyn talk and play with the older girls!Saturday was also a family oriented day. We started our day by attending the temple. I forget how much I love going to the temple with Jeremy. We try to go once a month, but that hasn't been feeling like enough lately.After we got back from the temple, we decided to take Clara swimming. We all had so much fun. I'll let the pictures do the talking this time.....
  • Clara tried to tell me a joke. She had just heard it and what she heard went something like this: "Why was Mr. Cookie sad? Because he was feeling crummy." When relating the joke to me though, Clara said, "Why was Mr. Cookie crying? Because he was grumpy!" I laughed pretty hard at how close she was to getting it right, but not close enough for it to make sense to anyone else.
  • I told Clara that I liked her sparkly toe nails. She replied grumpily, "There's nothing on my toe!" So I pointed to her toe nail polish and said, "Here's the sparkles." Clara, not wanting to be wrong said, "No! Don't show that!"
  • Clara came up to me this week and said, "I miss me!"
  • Clara announced that she had a dream. When Jeremy asked what it was about she said, "Me, Clara and Mommy."

No comments: