Monday, September 19, 2011

Chilean Independence Day

Jeremy's birthday was this week.  I got him something that he's been wanting for a very long time - a wireless router.  As you can tell from the expression on his face, I surprised him!
Also this week, our friends came to play games with us and ended up bringing a birthday gift for Clara that we let her open while they were here.  To say she loves it is an understatement.  She got it Friday night and I've had to force it off of her ever since!  Just look at those bright eyes and the way she's holding her hands!
Chile celebrated their independence day this week.  Since Jeremy home teaches some Chilean people, we were invited to a huge celebration filled with food.
Clara's favorite part was running around looking at all the things in the yard. 
And she sat and watched those chickens a lot too.
  • Clara's new dress has a poofy slip to go under the dress to make it poof out.  Clara keep's calling it a poopy slip.  "Mom, I need the poopy thing to make my dress more poopy!"
  • We were driving through a construction zone and Clara announced, "I can't believe there are so many machines out here!"
  • In a conversation, Clara said, "I had friends over yesterweek."
  • Clara wanted to play outside when we were at a BBQ.  But she kept taking her shoes off and their yard isn't one that you can run around with no shoes on.  So I told Clara, "If you take your shoes off again, then you can't play outside anymore."  "Ok, Mom, I will remember to not take my shoes off."
  • At dinner the other night, Clara was talking about something (I don't remember what anymore) and said, "This is magical!  But not really....  But it is, but not really.  But actually it is!"

1 comment:

Carrrie said...

You are such a good mom to keep track of the cute things Clara says! "It's magical...." She really is adorable!