Monday, September 26, 2011

Chuck E Cheese B-Day Party and Concert

Clara was able to attend a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese.  There were only 3 girls there - the birthday girl and 2 friends.  But I loved the smallness of that.  I loved that we went in the middle of the day so it was pretty dead.  It made it VERY easy to keep track of all 3 girls.  Thanks Emry for inviting us to your party!
 We then came back to the apartment complex and played games.  It was such a fun day.
Jeremy won two free tickets to the REO Speedwagon/Styx concert.  So we dropped Clara off with Aunt Melissa and headed out to the Usana Amphitheater.  It was very interesting.  Jeremy loves Styx, so we went to see them.  REO opened and played for an hour and a half.  They really aren't that great of entertainers.  I was so annoyed with the lead singers comments by the end of that half hour.  Then Styx came out and it got much better, but they only played for an hour.  I still think it was so weird that the opening band played longer than the leading band....  Oh well.  We really enjoyed that last hour! 
 REO Speedwagon
 Styx
(Jeremy took TONS of pictures of the band performing but most were blurry so I resorted to finding pictures on the internet.)
  • Clara and I were at the library this week and saw this picture.  Clara asked me what the  picture was of.  I didn't answer her.  Instead, I asked her what she thought it was.  Without hesitation she said, "Maybe it's a picture of those 3 bears and that girl."
  • A conversation: Clara, "Is it time to move to our new house yet?"  Me, "Not yet.  We can't go to our new house until we sign a lot of papers that say we have the money to buy the house."  Clara (after bringing a notebook of paper from her room,) "I will write those words because I want to help get our house."  Me, "It doesn't quite work like that.  The people building our house has to be the ones to give us the papers to sign."  Clara (said with extreme disappointment,) "Ohhhh, but I really want to help!"
  • As we were driving home from the concert, Clara announced from the back seat, "Melissa doesn't have any kids.  She needs to buy one."

No comments: