Monday, September 5, 2011

Mini Golf

I was able to take my niece and nephew miniature golfing this week.  It was the first time they had ever been, so it was quite the experience.  Turns out it's really easy to hit a golf ball really far with just a putter......
After we played mini golf, the kids got to pick out a ride to ride on.  There were several rides there that I figured would be more age-appropriate, but they both really wanted to ride in the airplanes. Poor Jeffrey couldn't ever figure out how to make his airplane go up!

  • Clara was standing by me and tried to put her head under my shirt.  When I asked her what she was doing she said, "I want to get into your tummy."  When I told her she couldn't she said, "But I did it before."  "No you didn't, I wouldn't have let you."  "But there is a picture of it!"  Realizing she was referring to a picture of me being pregnant with her, I then had to explain the difference between then and now.
  • Since Clara can't put her head into my shirt, she has started to try to fit into hers.
  • We had another meeting this week with our loan officer.  When I told Clara we needed to go to a meeting, she asked why.  (She is now officially in the 'why' stage and is starting to drive me nuts!)  I then explained that we needed to go to the meeting so we could see if they would give us money to buy our new  house.  So when we walked into the mortgage company, Clara announced to the receptionist, "We need some money so we can buy a new house."  Everyone in the office started laughing.  And one loan officer even gave Clara a quarter to help buy our new house.  Now Clara thinks we just need a quarter to buy our house and is wondering why we haven't bought the house yet.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I like how Clara sees things.