Monday, April 1, 2013

Lego Art Exhibit

We decided to drive to Park City with my sister and her family to see the Lego Art Exhibit.  I was amazed at the ability the artist had to build such cool things out of Legos.  The best part is that Clara was super excited too since she loves to play with Legos.  Here are just a few of the pieces we saw:
One of Clara's favorite games to play is airplane.  You know, the game where the adult lays on the floor on their back, puts their feet straight up in the air, and the child lays on the adult's feet and pretends they are an airplane flying though the air.  I was playing that with her one day this last week and Joseph started to fuss.  Clara thought it would be a great idea if he came to join us.  So I held him up with my  hands, Clara up with my feet, and Jeremy took the picture.
Clara also loves to draw and thinks that everyone around her feels the same way.  Every once in a while she will hand me a blank piece of paper, tell me it's her gift to me so that I can draw what ever picture I want to on it.   What a thoughtful child!
She will also instruct you on what your works of art should be.  While we were coloring together this week, she gave each of us 2 pieces of paper with the requirement that one piece was for coloring and the other piece was for cutting and gluing onto the first piece.  Here are our finished products:

No comments: