Monday, June 15, 2015

Grateful

I have so much to be thankful for this week.  I was able to get the kid's battery powered atv to work, and I loved seeing them play so well together!
I'm grateful for keeping in touch with old neighbors so that my daughter can still play with her best friend.  I'm also thankful for a daughter who loves to create entire worlds to play a game with.  Here is Clara's pirate game she put together so her best friend could play with her, and they were kind enough to let Joe play too!
I'm thankful for a little boy who makes me smile.  I was showing him pictures of Jesus during Sacrament meeting yesterday and I was telling him the stories behind each picture.  We came to one where Jesus was in the middle of a crowd, Joe pointed to Jesus and said, "That's MY Jesus!" I'm so glad he recognized how very personal Jesus really is to each of us.

I'm thankful for getting to listen in as Joe plays.  One day he lined up all his cars so they could watch him play a Disney Cars App.
I'm grateful that my little Jack has a wonderful smile.   He turned 3 months old yesterday.
And I'm especially grateful this week for a working Air Conditioner and an amazing electrician from our ward who refused to take any money for helping us getting it working again.  It's been a long week trying to get our AC figured out.  We've had the power company come, our HVAC company come (twice) and just when I was feeling hopeless, someone reccommended a brother from our ward.  Since we didn't know him, I was hesitant to call, but he came as soon as he could and saved me!  He found the problem to be wires that were burnt to a crisp.  We were so lucky that our house didn't catch on fire! This is what our house looked like behind the metal box from the AC unit. 
He had to cut out all the burnt wires, and rewire them so that he would have more slack to plug them back into our AC.

2 comments:

Sharon Beck said...

What??? I'm so glad that the ward member discovered the burnt wires. Why didn't the others see it??? I'm so glad that you are all safe.
I love how you express yourself, Sarah. I love coming into your world and hearing what's happening with Clara, Joe, and Jack. Thanks for doing this blog so we can be a part of your life. Now, I just need to get on your blog on a regular basis so I'll really be up to date! Ha!

Danielle said...

I am so glad someone eventually found the burnt wires. Your Jack is a cutie!