Friday, February 1, 2008

Full Week

This has been a full week. Jeremy and I celebrated our Anniversary on Saturday.
We went to a U2 movie that was basically a concert of theirs in 3D. The movie premiered at the Sundance film Festival, and then was put into normal theaters. Jeremy is a HUGE U2 fan, so we just had to go. Jeremy loves U2 so much that he told me I needed to put a picture he found on the internet. This is a picture of U2 watching their own movie in 3D.On Sunday, we heard the news of the passing of our beloved prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley. I was surprisingly not sad at the news. I found myself looking forward to our next prophet, and happy that President Hinckley can be with his wife and good friends who have also recently passed on.Monday was our actual anniversary. I can't believe it's been 2 years since Jeremy and I were married. People tell us that the first few years of marriage are the hardest. If that is true, Jeremy and I have a wonderful rest of our lives together. I never imagined that married life was so easy. Sure we have our ups and downs, but the ups far outweigh the downs. We get a long so well and enjoy serving each other everyday! I've included a picture of us back then. What a wonderful day for Jeremy and I!Yesterday I had the wonderful opportuinity to attend President Hinckley's viewing. It took about 20 minutes to wander through the conference center before I reached the hall of the prophets. (I wasn't wandering aimlessly, they had set up the "line" for extremely large amounts of people, so they just took us through the whole conference center so that no one had to wait outside.) As soon as I was about to enter the room, the spirit overwhelmed me. I knew then that Gordon B. Hinckley was a prophet of God. Even though it was just a body, it still carried the Mantle of God. I couldn't help but shed a few tears because the spirit was so strong. He looked like such a small frail man, but the spirit bore witness to me that he was an incredibly strong prophet that was equal to the task of leading millions of saints. I will never forget this experience.

3 comments:

Amy said...

U2 Rocks! Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you are so happy together. I really like your new doo too! What a blessing that you were able to attend Pres. Hinckley's viewing. Thank you for sharing your week!

Devin and Melinda said...

Happy Anniversary! It's neat that you were able to go to President Hinckley's viewing. I felt the same as you did when I heard of his passing.

Alicia S said...

Sarah,

You're right! I came home from your wedding reception and met my husband. It was a great day! Then we moved into your old apartment. Very strange coincidences! Clara is looking great--it's hard to believe how quickly they grow up!

Alicia