Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Week

All week long, Jeremy and I have been looking forward to Valentine's Day. We didn't do anything too exciting because of all the homework he has. But we did take 1/2 an hour and order pizza. It was fun to know that we were going to spend quality time together on a regular week day, which is a very rare thing now a days. And even though Jeremy had already gotten me a Valentine's gift, he still came home with this yellow rose, which is my favorite flower. I thought it was so beautiful. Thanks Jeremy for loving me and thinking of me!Clara is growing up too fast! She had several firsts this week. She has started grabbing her feet and playing with them. She has started taking less naps, which means more play time, and slightly more cranky as she skips some of her old usual nap times. She has gotten angry for the first time this week. She is more aware of her surroundings, so if she doesn't get what she wants, she cries. It is a different cry that I have heard before, so I know she's frustrated that she can't have what she wants. I know it will only get worse before it gets better..... She has also decided that she likes sitting up a lot better than laying down. The only problem is that she can't sit up by herself yet. However, she tries all the time, so those back muscles are getting the workout to become strong enough to support her! I've gotten very creative in places I can put her so that she can sit up without me having to hold her. One of those places is the corner of the couch, which is slippery. So in all of her movements, it's not too long before she has slid back down into laying position. She usually cries at that point, but one day I looked to check up on her and found her like this. I thought she looked so cute with her ankles crossed, just relaxing on the couch like a true couch potato. Hopefully this isn't an omen for the future.Another first for this week is that she has learned how to make her cow moo. Clara has a plush cow on her car seat. If you pull the cow it starts vibrating and mooing. I was driving along to pick up Jeremy from class, and all of a sudden I heard the cow mooing! I was really excited at first, thinking my daughter was so smart. But then I realize that pretty soon I would be hating the moo sound with how often she would be pulling it. But for now, it's still pretty cute. And, as you can tell, she is pretty proud of herself for figuring it out too.You might ask yourself why I was picking up Jeremy from class. That leads me to explain another exciting event for the week. Our car was rear ended just after Christmas, and it was keyed about a week prior to the accident. So we finally got our car in to the auto body shop. With all the snow, apparently all the body shops are full. So we didn't get to drop our car off for 2 weeks. That was January 30th. We dropped the car off for a 6 day repair. We only got a free car rental for 2 of those days. But I thought, "Hey we have 1 car, we can do with that for 4 days, no problem." Well that 6 day car repair turned into a 13 day repair and that doesn't include weekends! So I got to drive Jeremy to class every day (our UVSC sticker is only on the Honda) in our Volvo that doesn't have any heat! The Volvo also has problems with opening the driver side door, slow windshield wipers, and many other ailments that are common to older cars. Needless to say, we were extremely grateful to get our Honda back on Wednesday of this week. Yeah for a car with a heater!

6 comments:

Genevieve Beck said...

She is just too cute for words! I can't believe how quickly she changes and grows. It's fun to hear about her new discoveries.

Becky said...

Sarah, your daughter is so cute! She has your smile, too. Thanks for sharing both!!

Maria said...

Wow Clara has the cutest little smile! Each new development is so exciting. Every day is an adventure.

Glad you got your car back. We have had to juggle one car before... not the easiest thing to do!

Amy said...

What a pain not having a car. I use to take Josh to work everyday too. I use to remind myself that it gave us more time to talk. Clara is adorable. Thanks for sharing her firsts!

McDuffie Family said...

sarah! Clara is a cutie! Sorry, I've been trying to get on your blog the last week or so, and kid you not, the computer would freeze up! This will be a fun way to interact! She's one smart cookie about the cow......course, so sorry for you! But hey, if it keeps her happy and content, you learn to love the sounds or tune it out!

Ashley said...

Sarah,
Oh that is cool I did not realize that you and Jermey came up here often! My phone number is 928 243 2217! That would be fun to see you guys and your new baby- she is so cute:) I will be sure to tell Janae Hi for you!
Ashley