Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

I obviously don't have pictures of Clara in her costume yet, so those will go on next week's blog. After this week's happenings, I should change Clara's costume. Clara should dress up as a mother. She would make a great one. This week after I was done feeding Addi her bottle, I set it on the floor so I could burp Addi. Clara saw me put it down and immediately went to get it. She then stood up and tried to put it in Addi's mouth. When I was done burping Addi, I put her on the floor so I could take a picture of my motherly little girl. I let Clara play about another minute with the bottle because I didn't want Addi getting mad that there was nothing coming out. After I took the bottle to rinse it out, I came back and found this: Clara had gotten her doll's bottle and was taking turns feeding Addi and then the doll. What a smart girl!

Clara has learned the sign for more this week. She is also learning the signs for thank-you, all done, and shoes. She's signed thank-you and all done a couple of times, but isn't consistent enough yet to make me thinks he knows what it means. It has been so fun to watch Clara catch on to signing. The only problem is that since she learned eat first, she'll sign it whenever she wants something that I'm not understanding. Most of the time she really is hungry, but every once in a while it means something else and she gets frustrated that I'm not meeting her needs even though she thinks she is telling me exactly what she wants. I'm just grateful she is so quick at leaning sign. It has drastically cut down her screaming time.
Have a great Halloween everyone!

6 comments:

Genevieve Beck said...

What a good helper! I'm excited to see her tonight.

Aaron and Megan said...

That is great she is learning sign. They catch on so quick. Molly sign's a few words too. It is so cute.

The Giffs said...

I'm glad to see she is just now learning those signs. I have been trying to teach Sydney those signs and she just looks at me like I'm crazy. I thought maybe I was doing a bad job, but now I think she's still just way too young. I'm glad to know there is hope though and I'll keep trying.

Maria said...

Signing is SO great! McKay loves to sign and it is so nice to be able to communicate somewhat.

Amy said...

So sweet to see such a good little mommy. She must have a good example or something...;)

Karalene Ludlow said...

What a funny girl! She is going to have 400 children ... hopefully she lives in something bigger than a shoe :) ... you will have to teach me the signing thing once we have kids ... sounds great ~